Most Updated IPL Points Table 2016 along with Win and Lost Ratio
You are currently at the IPL points table page of First Row Sports. Indian Premier League is one of popular cricket events popular not only among Indian cricket fans but outside India too. This is because the teams in IPL has international player along with the national player. The 9th season of IPL 2016 is in progresses and teams are striving hard to score points in IPL and to be the champion of the event. There are 8 teams participating in IPL 2016. Each of the 8 IPL teams will play 14 matches against each other and in order to rank higher and stay in the event, they need to score points higher than the others. Of these total 8 teams, there will be only 4 teams who will play the semifinal wining which will head them toward the final.
Below is an up-to-date table of Points scored by each of the IPL team along with the Total number of matches being played by a team, total number of matches won by a team and the matches being lost or tied. There are also columns in the point table containing the average or net run rate, which will determine the position of a team if the points of teams are equal. Refer to the rule and regulation of how the IPL points are calculated
IPL Points Table
|Kolkata Knight Riders||11||7||4||0||0||14||+0.373||1438/175.1||1454/172.1|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore||11||6||5||0||0||10||+0.627||1221/145.4||1202/145.4|
|Kings XI Punjab||12||4||8||0||0||8||-0.385||1317/140.0||1282/135.5|
|Rising Pune Supergiants||12||3||9||0||0||6||-0.078||1181/158.4||1198/146.1|
How IPL Points are calculated
Points are calculated with following rules:
- Team Won a Match = 2 points
- Team Lost a Match = No points
- Match Tied = 1 point
- No Result for a Match = 1 point
Note: A match will be considered only if the super over is not possible of the Super Over tied itself. A team with the highest points in the table will be at the top and the team with lowest points scored will be at the bottom.
What if the points of 2 or more teams are equals?
Since there are 8 teams and each will play 14 matches, chances are there that the points of 2 more teams may be equal. To overcome this situation, IPL committee set certain rules. Following are few of them. Note that these rules applied to the League stage matches, for play off matches, criteria is different
- If points of 2 teams are equal then the IPL team with most win ratio will be on the higher position.
- In case of equal wins as well as points then the team with higher Net Run Rate will be on the higher position.
- For teams with equal Run rate, equal win rat and points, the team who took higher wickets in previous matches will be placed on the higher position
- In the last, the position of a team will be determined by drawing lots if all the parameter are equals
For Play-off matches
In case if the Play-off like Qualifier 1, Qualifier 2 or Final match is tied or ended up with no result, following criteria will be applied to the teams to determine the winner of a play-off match.
- In case of tie, teams will play a super over to compete to winner
- If there is rain or the condition don’t permit to bowl super over then league points table will use to determine the winner of a match.
- Team with higher points and position in League table will be the winner in case if a play-off match tied
Watch Live streaming of IPL matches Free Online
Now the viewers of IPL can watch all the matches of event live on our list of sports streaming website for free. These site include
- watchcric.com to watch HD cricket streaming
- crictime.com and its servers 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- webcric.com for those who want to watch it on web
- Smartcric.com for smarter cricket fans